
These were alot of fun, and can become quite time consuming! I love playing with pictures and can see it becoming addictive. This could be great fun in a classroom, from focusing on vocabulary with the word tools, to showing pictures of the class and or students with the photo tools, the children would love it. I felt that this was really cool, because I was able to explore some useful internet tools, that are simple to use and open oppurtunities for learning. It would also be easy to share with students. It was difficult to right click and save on some of them, but being able to copy into the blog through embedding was quite simple. I will be playing with these tools some more in the future. And as a side note, many of these are blocked from the school filter, as I played with some of them there, and then had to work through some of them at home. SO, maybe we can get that taken care of before school starts, in order to be able to use them.
Yes, A LOT of Web 2.0 sites are blocked at school, which can certainly keep teachers from using them! I've found that, as long as the district is aware of how we're using the sites and can be assured that we're monitoring students while they use them, unblocking them is not an issue.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your idea of using images for vocabulary activities--that's a great way to help students conceptualize the meaning of words, both common and academic.
I also agree that one of the most appealing things about Flickr and image generators is how easy they are to use! I'm glad you found embedding easy--it's a good skill to have if you decide to become somewhat serious about blogging!
Your first image is so sweet! Looks like you had a lot of fun!
Thing 4 complete!