So, I am back after a few days of relaxation on the Pedernales River and good times with my crew. I am blessed beyond measure and am thankful for memories that are made. I believe this is a great way to do this memory tracking, through blogging. Journaling on the internet, where there will be a record of sorts of times that have occurred. I am assuming as long as there is an internet, there will be this post for my children, family, and friends to read. I am sure with the times changing as they are very quickly, the next generation will rely on methods such as these. Being willing to grow and adapt to the changing world of technology alone is huge, and what a learning curve. I do like the fact that there is a way to moderate what is posted, as this is a sort of security. Virtually...what an awesome way to share life's moments.
From the professional standpoint, I could see the blog having multiple uses. The idea of the communication tool alone is so powerful. It would be a great way for teams to collaborate with each other on their own time, instead of meeting as often. Blogging with students and parents concerning the happenings of the classroom is another way for teachers to be able to communicate about the happenings of the classroom environement. With the demands of our time becoming more and more, any way to find more of it is invaluable. The use of blogs could help in that area. I am certain the options are endless...
Sounds like you had a relaxing and rejuvenating vacation!
ReplyDeleteYou've really hit on one of the most useful characteristics of blogs--their ability to provide a communication arena on users' own time. For example, you can post a discussion-starter at the beginning of the week, and students or teachers can respond at their own convenience throughout the week. I think that's why many educators find blogging so well-suited to their purposes.
I like what you had to say about your thoughts being around for you and your family to enjoy forever (or as long as there's an Internet). That's a great advantage in the education world, too. Just think how powerful it is for kids to be able to look back at their classroom blogs over the years, almost like an online portfolio. It's also great for teachers to keep records of what activities and topics they've covered throughout the years; I guess in that sense blogs almost serve as a curriculum map.
As you pointed out, the options are endless! Great job--Thing 1 complete!